Joanna Smith Bio
I value self-awareness and advancement greatly and set up Elevate in 2004 to serve people development in business through individual or team coaching and bespoke training programmes.
If you’re conscious and purposeful in what you do, you will achieve greater potential and be more fulfilled. It’s about connecting with what really matters for you, for the individuals you work with and of course for your business performance.
Clients tell me I am full of energy, generous with my knowledge and have a great ability to really connect to others when helping people learn. This shows up in abundance when I start the work of developing potential and performance of talent and leaders at all levels of the organisation. I feel privileged to work with everyone I connect with and I learn with every project I undertake.
Sample of successful client projects
Within coaching or training environments I invite people to increase their self-awareness, recognise their potential, and pay attention to any gaps to grow and learn. It creates change that sticks.
2013 – (on-going)
Delivery of two key leadership development programmes centred on importance of self, team and the organisational system for one of the big four consultancies.
Co-led a six month Executive Team Coaching Programme creating a stronger team dynamic, greater results and improved engagement and relationships.
Part of team who designed and delivered ‘Values Based’ leadership framework with an accompanying development and launch programme for a large UK organisation.
Design and delivery of multi-level and modular Leadership Development Programmes for global insurance provider.
2006 – (on-going)
Design and/or deliver leadership competency and soft skills training solutions to corporate clients. To include:
• Strategic Influencing
• Working with difference – promoting collaboration
• Coaching Skills
• Managing Communications Assertively
• Personal Impact and Productivity
• Managing Difficult Conversations
Coached 40+ business/executive coaching clients to accelerate leadership development and/or deliver transformational change.
2004 – 2006
Providing Career Management and Outplacement coaching (up to senior level) for clients within IT, Professional Services and Financial Services sectors.
- Over 10 years proven track record in the design and delivery of programmes to develop leaders and their teams across many sectors and multi-levels.
- Worked with 50+ business/executive coaching clients to accelerate leadership development or deliver transformational change.
- Dedicated to CPD and life-long learning, both via professional qualifications and accreditations and through alternative networks and groups.
- Investment in development projects for young people and social projects.
- Previously, 6 years + with large corporate gaining experience in Sales and Partner Management before moving into a European HR Project Function. This was followed by a number of years as Account Director leading the growth of a team of Relationship Managers and the key corporate accounts within an HR Consultancy.
Continual Professional Development
2015 – Systemic Team Coaching
2014 – CIPD Neuroscience learning pathway
2014 – ongoing – Conscious Business Practices – ‘working up the workplace’
2011 – PGrad Executive Coaching and Mentoring Practice (Distinction)
2010 – LNCP (Licensed Member National Council Psychotherapy)
2010 – Leadership Circle – Licensed Practitioner
2009 – Human Givens Consultant
2005 – MSC Occupational Psychology and Career Counselling [Year One]
2005 – BPS Level A and Level B Psychometric Testing
2005 – Outplacement Accredited
2004 – NLP Practitioner
1996 – BA (Hons) Business Studies