Joanna Smith Bio
If you’re conscious and purposeful in what you do, you will achieve greater potential and be more fulfilled. It’s about connecting with what really matters for you, for the individuals you work with and of course for your business performance.
Clients tell me I am full of energy, generous with my knowledge and have a great ability to really connect to others when helping people learn. This shows up in abundance when I start the work of developing potential and performance of talent and leaders at all levels of the organisation. I feel privileged to work with everyone I connect with and I learn with every project I undertake.
Sample of successful client projects
Within Team or Coaching environments I invite people to increase their self-awareness, recognise their potential and pay attention to their leadership development gaps. It creates the safety required for learning and a connection to purpose and thus, change that sticks.
2014 – current
Team Coach for various senior teams, working in context of the tensions of the organisational system. Allowing potential to emerge, relationships to improve and greater awareness of the team entity and energies. Includes working with Partner communities in law firms, Exec Teams in local council settings and newly formed senior teams driving organisational transformation.
2006 – current
Coached 100+ business/executive coaching clients to accelerate leadership development and/or deliver transformational change. Improving the lives and success of leaders in business.
2013 – 2018
Delivered many Senior and Director level cohorts of two key leadership development programmes for one of the big four consultancies – ‘Inspiring and Leading Teams’ and ‘Managing Self’ – both centred on the importance of connecting self, team and the organisational system.
2012 – 2014
Part of team who designed and delivered ‘Values Based’ leadership framework with an accompanying development and launch programme for a large UK organisation.
2008 – 2013
Design and delivery of multi-level and modular Leadership Development Programmes for global insurance provider.
2006 – 2015
Design and/or deliver leadership competency and soft skills training solutions to corporate clients. To include:
• Strategic Influencing
• Working with difference – promoting collaboration
• Coaching Skills
• Managing Communications Assertively
• Personal Impact and Productivity
• Managing Difficult Conversations
2004 – current
Providing Career Management and Outplacement coaching (up to senior level) for clients within IT, Professional Services and Financial Services sectors.
- Over 16 years proven track record in the design and delivery of programmes to develop leaders and their teams across many sectors and multi-levels.
- Worked with 100+ business/executive coaching clients to accelerate leadership development or deliver transformational change.
- Dedicated to CPD and life-long learning, both via professional qualifications and accreditations and through alternative networks and groups.
- Continual Investment in community and social projects.
- Previously, 6 years+ with large corporate, gaining experience in Sales and Partner Management before moving into a European HR Project Function. This was followed by a number of years as Account Director leading the growth of a team of Relationship Managers and the key corporate accounts within an HR Consultancy.
Continual Professional Development
2020 – Virtual Team Coaching
2019 – Level 1 Certification – Leadership Embodiment and Somatic Practice
2018 – Neuro-biology of Learning
2017 – Mindful and Meditative Practices in Leadership
2015 – Systemic Team Coaching
2014 – CIPD Neuroscience learning pathway
2014 – Conscious Business Practices – ‘Waking up the Workplace’
2011 – PGrad Executive Coaching and Mentoring Practice (Distinction)
2010 – LNCP (Licensed Member National Council Psychotherapy)
2010 – Leadership Circle – Licensed Practitioner
2009 – Human Givens Consultant
2005 – MSC Occupational Psychology and Career Counselling [Year One]
2005 – BPS Level A and Level B Psychometric Testing
2005 – Outplacement Accredition, Penna and Lee Hecht Harrison
2004 – NLP Practitioner
1996 – BA (Hons) Business Studies